Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Taking the Trash Out

This is my very first public blog about something that God wanted me to write about. I have shared part of my testimony, and have started speaking about my testimony, but this is a big step for me. What I write is what God and I have worked on. This first blog is hopefully one of many, as I dive into a deeper relationship with My King. I ask that if you decide to comment. Keep them positive. If you have something negative to say, message me about it. What I write is what God has been showing, and teaching. I Love to write. This is how He is using my talent.


"Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest."

Matthew 11:28 (New Living Translation)



Recently, I was taking the trash out to the dumpster behind my home and God spoke loud and clear. " Why don't you let me take out your trash and sort it?" I stopped and thought about it.


"Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you."

1 Peter 5:7 (New Living Translation)




We as a society hoard things. We hold on to things that we think will come in use someday, or things that have sentimental feelings, weather that be good or bad. What are we hoarding on the inside? What are we holding onto that God wants to sort out and handle?

I am guilty of this myself. Holding on to a lot of garbage that I should be setting down and letting God sort through and discard. Things from my shattered past, things that I hold onto from my childhood, especially with my mother. God wants to finish restoring me, to the woman that HE wants me to be. Not who Connie wants to be.

When my kids or I get ready to take the trash out, we begin by emptying all trash cans into the big one, walk through the house and pick up any random papers throughout the house. We walk out side and throw it in the dumpster, and walk away.

What if we went through ourselves and collected all the trash that has been collecting there? What if we were to take it the dumpster and leave it there?

God wants to sort through our trash. He wants to sort through and discard stuff that holds us back, Stuff that may keep us with that intimate relationship, stuff that only HE can deal with. When He sorts through it, He wants to Heal, Restore and use for His Glory.

As humans we always try and to solve our own problems, and try to fix others. We take on too much, (Guilty, This gal right here) We lose our focus, we stumble, back slide, and accumulate more "trash"

Think about the last time you stumbled and possibly fell. Was it peer pressure? Was it something that you thought that noone else would see? Are you struggling with a addiction of some kind? How did you feel afterward?

Guilty? Ashamed? Scared?

"For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption,the forgiveness of sins." Colossians 1:12-14 NIV


What if we cast our cares and concerns, problems, "trash" on HIM fully. Not holding back anything. Think about it.


"If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth." 1 John 1:6 NIV

Recently, While working on this blog I went through "closet cleaning" in my own life. God went through and tossed out the things that I was harboring, the resentment, the anger, the yuckiness, that I had been trying to handle myself. Letting go and Letting God was a HUGE step in my walk with Christ. I feel refreshed and new. I am not perfect. I do not pretend to be. I am FORGIVEN! I struggle every day. I am still being restored. God is still working on me. I sit and I write this out of obedience. All things for HIS Glory.




"His master replied, 'Well done,
good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!" Matthew 25:21 (NIV)



If you are reading this and want more information about a relationship with Jesus Christ, please feel free to send me a email.


IN HIS SERVICE,

Connie



2 comments:

  1. Connie - I am very proud of you for putting yourself out there for all to see. I pray that God continues to speak to you and through you. Keep writing - Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post, Constance! I really needed to read this, today. I feel that God is speaking to me through you. Thank you.
    Love,
    Lourdes
    www.thoughtsofacatholicmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete